Google My Business
Every small business owner needs a well-equipped toolbox for managing their business. Another excellent tool became available with the recent launch of Google My Business. And the good news, it’s free.
Previously, managing information about your business was time-consuming. Google Places for Business and Google+ Pages had to be accessed separately and updated. Many small business owners were completely overwhelmed. Additionally, they didn’t see any benefit of being online. But Google listened and responded with Google My Business.
With the Google My Business dashboard, business details can be managed in one central location. It’s accessible and can be easily updated. You determine what information about your business is shared and where.
What You Can Do
- Updating your business information is a snap, especially for multiple locations.
- Easily add photos.
- Interact with your customers and supporters through updates.
- Keep up-to-date and respond quickly to reviews.
- Customized insights into how people are finding your business. AdWords Express, a simplified version of AdWords, integrates with Google My Business.
Google My Business is a valuable asset for any business wanting to create and/or build an online presence. More people are using cellphones and tablets to find businesses in their local area. Anita Campbell of Small Business Trends reported James Croom, Marketing Manager of Google, saying that three types of businesses could benefit:
- Typical brick and mortar businesses with physical storefronts that served a defined local area.
- Businesses that serve a specific area but don’t have a traditional storefront (may be working from home or out of a truck).
- Online businesses only or businesses without a defined geographical area which they serve.
Current users of Places for Business and Google+ can expect to be upgraded to Google My Business shortly. If you haven’t been upgraded yet, check out the new dashboard at the Google and Your Business blog. And for those of us who can’t live without our mobile devices, yes, there are apps available. The Android app is available from Google Play and iOS can be found at iTunes.
If you need help setting up and/or managing your Google My Business account, contact us to schedule an appointment to go over the details.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and we'll get back to you. Or better yet, fill out our New Client Questionnaire and schedule an appointment.Don't forget to sign up to receive our latest news, Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter!
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. That means that I may get a small thank you commission if you choose to purchase a product from the company mentioned. I only refer you to programs that are ran by people I personally know or I have participated in, but please use your judgement to decide if this is right for you. If you would prefer that I not get that, feel free to Google the company and purchase directly. No matter how you decide, I would rather you have tools that work for your business.